Is more continuing education your 2020 new year’s resolution? What about sharing your knowledge with you peers? Doing more networking with your fellow WHNPs?
This year, NPWH will host the 23rd Annual Premier Women’s Healthcare Conference in Anaheim, CA from October 15th – 18th.
If you’re wondering what happens at our conferences, take a look at highlights from our 2019 conference:
- More than 1,000 practitioners and other champions of women’s health joined us in beautiful Savannah, Georgia.
- Attendees enjoyed the plenaries, breakout sessions, and workshops designed to keep all of us up on the leading edge of guidelines and clinical knowledge. All sessions were also uploaded to the NPWH website so you can watch any you might have missed.
- We recognized the following inspirational award winners:
Inspirations in Women’s Health
Kelly Ellington, DNP, APRN, WHNP-BC, RNC-OB (Policy): Following her own battle with breast cancer, Dr. Ellington turned adversity into advocacy surrounding awareness and funding for equal access to 3D mammography for women across the state of North Carolina, including securing funding to provide free mammography services to women in at-risk communities.
Marianne Hutti, PhD, WHNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN (Education): Dr. Hutti, an NPWH member since 1998, developed the first women’s health nurse practitioner program in the state of Kentucky.
Ludrena Rodriquez, DNP, WHNP-BC, RNC-OB, C-EFM (Practice): Dr. Rodriguez, a 22-year service veteran, developed and implemented the Army’s first same day walk-contraception clinic at a robust OBGYN clinic, with the hopes of the initiative being fully adopted at all Army facilities worldwide.
Fran Way Legacy Award
Mary Rubin, PhD, WHNP-BC, FAANP: Dr. Rubin has been practicing as a clinician, educator, and researcher for almost 50 years. She is the pioneer of the role of the nurse colposcopist.
- Our Student Leadership Program returned, giving 10 WHNP students from around the country the chance to attend the conference and gain invaluable experience. We look forward to these students being a part of NPWH for years to come! We also encourage everyone to share this opportunity with their students next year – the application process will open next summer.
- We offered a conference mobile app for the third year in a row! We heard your feedback from past years and were pleased to offer the slide presentations to download within the app.
- We celebrated Gay Johnson, our CEO, as she announced her retirement after 23 years of service to our organization.
Check out the video below to hear from conference attendees on why you should join us in Anaheim!
We’re accepting research abstracts for presentation now! We hope to see you in Anaheim!